Microsoft Powerpoint Introductory Course
Program Objective: Students will learn the skills to begin creating effective presentations and designs in Microsoft Powerpoint.
- What’s new on the screen?
- The Ribbon
- The New Layout
- The Home Ribbon & the various new Tabs
- Understanding the concept of creating a presentation
- Careful planning of the presentation
- Examining presentation templates
- Adding slides to the presentation
- Saving a presentation
- Adding text to the presentation
- Adding pictures to the presentation
- Using the various methods to view the presentation
- Changing the layout of the slides
- Inserting, deleting, and editing slides
- Applying special formats to the slides
- Proper methods of adding charts to the slides
- Understanding all of the formatting applications
- Adding Excel spreadsheets into the presentation
It is recommended that the student begins their project as the practice example you will work with in this 10 hour course. With the course divided into five 2-hour sessions, you are certain to leave with a very good understanding of creating the presentation, as you will be creating your presentation for your work in this class!
Prerequisite:A good working knowledge of the computer.