Program Objective: If you have a good understanding of the basic principles of the computer, then Word is the first program you should study. All of the necessary skills in moving around this program, and virtually all Windows based programs for the rest of your computing life, will be applied in this class.
- Understanding the Screen Elements
- Proper keystrokes for manipulating your text
- What the Red & Green underlines mean
- Speed up your typing with Auto Correct
- Various methods of Selecting Text
- Saving your documents
- Using the Ribbon and Toolbar buttons
- Using Word Art
- Creating a Table of Contents
- Printing Envelopes
There are 6 practice examples you will work with in this 10-hour course. With the course divided into four 2 1/2-hour sessions, you are certain to leave with a very good understanding of the basics of using Microsoft Word!